Welcome to Animal Jam Roar! I hope you enjoy the blog. Be sure to comment and come back often for updates!! :)

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Skis and Scamming

Roar Jammers!  Today's item is another winter sport item.  The skis!

They're pretty okay, right?  I mean I like the coloring.  It is humany, again.  But I think it's acceptable.

Now for the promised scamming rant!  Please read, even though it seems long. :D

     Scamming sucks.  There's no doubt about it.  We've all probably been scammed at some point.  It's a horrible feeling and it quickly makes you hate the one who did it.  So you click report, report, report.  Sometimes you'll get buddies to report the person as well.  Not to mention the people that stand in the middle of Jamaa Township yelling "Report ___ for scamming my ____!!!!"  If you walk through Aldan, you're likely to see at least 3 or 4 scammers.  It's true, there are a lot of them.  And there will PROBABLY ALWAYS BE.  In fact, the number of scammers will only grow as Jamaa does.
   
     So maybe we shouldn't be focusing on the scammers, but on how to prevent ourselves from being scammed.  I admit, some scams are easier to fall for than others.  But here's the thing:  If it SOUNDS like a scam, it probably is.  If it SOUNDS too good to be true, it probably is.  Remember, everyone has the power to decide whether or not they get scammed.  If something sounds fishy, get out of the hole before it caves in.  Because as tempting as it can sometimes be, it can only end in bad results.  I'm not saying it's all Jammers' faults for getting scammed.  But if it was super duper hard for someone to scam an item, wouldn't they be less likely to try?
  
Random Representative Scammer
     Now as for the scammers themselves...really all you can do is feel sorry for them.  Sorry because they care THAT much about pixels.  Sorry because they have nothing better to do.  Sorry because how a person acts online carries over to how they act offline and vice versa.  So next time you see a scammer, don't walk up and say "SCAMMER, SCAMMER!"  They've definitely heard that before.  Instead say "I feel sorry for you."  That might take them by surprise.

Summary For Those Who Didn't Read the Article XD:  Understand that you can't stop the scammers from doing what they do.  But you can stop them from succeeding at it.

So, do you agree with me?  Or do you think I am horribly, terribly wrong?  Let me know in the comments!!
Be sure to check out the results of the last poll here and to vote on the new ones!
Enter contest here!
It's about time I shut up now, eh?  Bye guys!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Rocky! Sorry for not commenting, what do you think of my new profile though? :3
    Anyway, here are some techniques scammers use to scam to help some jammers out there. ^.^
    New item scam: Lets say a new item is out in Jamaa, and it has only been a few minuets or seconds since it came. Now of course, some people don't know that's the new item, so a scammer puts the new item on trade and says: trade me! Super rare beta on trade, only i have one of these! A person comes up and trades some very rare items for the worthless new item, then BAM. you have been scammed.

    Send me something and i send back scam: A scammer says "If you send me a rare ___ i will send you a rare ___!" Someone sends a very rare item to them, expecting them to send theirs back, but they leave you without sending ANYTHING. Even though they might say "their trade is broken" Its best if you don't trust these scams.

    Im from AJHQ scam: This scam is very easy for people to fall for, lets say someone with a user like "JamaaHelp" or "AnimalJamHQ" sends you a buddy request, or someone says there from AJHQ.
    Anyway, you follow the jammer thinking their from AJHQ, then the jammer says that there's a glitch with a rare ________, if you send me your rare _____ we can fix it, we promise we will send it back once we are done. You send the rare item, the jammer says "Thank you!" And leaves. He/She however, never gives your item back. Be VERY careful of this scam.
    Best decline gets a rare! scam: A person says, Trade me! best decline gets a rare! Even though other jammers might say she/he declines, he/she might come across a item that is REALLY rare and might accept.
    Remember to stay safe jammers! And sorry for the loooooong comment. o-o
    ~Cloudclaws

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the skis and now I'm going to read the scamming :)

    ~dreamcloud13~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also the post about scamming, SOOOO TRUE! Thank you for putting your time and effort into the scamming post, you rock! Also can you please take a screen shot for me, I'm MajorMajorMajor, and I'm a penguin. Thanks Rocky :D

    ~dreamcloud13~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rocky, u rock! Now I'm gonna switch my animal :) Also I have a rare spike, I never scam ppl with it, so just be happy with what u have scammers, don't steal other people's things.

    ~dreamcloud13~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to enter the contest. I am rascalcat
    Can u take the screenshot for me? U may choose between my bunny and my freedom wolf
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky, you're horribly, terribly...
    Right.
    (Because scamming is horribly terribly wrong.)
    I know that a lot of people think that rares are bad, but I don't think they're bad. I think it is our attiditude towards rares that is bad. And our attitude towards rares makes scammers and hackers. (It's actually quite surprising how after you lose all your rares you don't care about them any more. XD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocky, you are so right. I never thought about having that kind of approach. I normally go up to someone who is scamming, and say, "So, has anyone fallen for it yet?" They normally stop dancing or playing or whatever and say, "Fallen for what?" (except they normally spell it wrong...).

    Me: "The scam, obviously."
    Scammer/Hacker: "Uh, I'm not scamming!" or they Jam-a-Gram me and say, "My trade isn't working, so can you send me your _______?" or they leave right away to a locked den.
    Me (if they claim they're not): "Do you really expect any Jammer to believe you, unless they're new or don't understand the value of their rare/beta, or are just very gullible..."
    Them: "I'm no scammer!" or they run away to another world/land or den

    It's pretty sad that scammers/hackers are that desperate to get pixels that are basically useless, I mean, given the effort they put into getting it. But, I, a rare collector (though not as addicted as to scam! And I don't have that many XD), like the way they look on my animals. I like rares, and betas, and just hope that scammers will see the ugliness of their ways and become true Jammers, such as the commentors of this great post.

    ~Organistagirls

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I see a scammer I guess block their name tag :3
    Some of them rage quit

    ReplyDelete

Commenting Rules
There's only three main rules for commenting!
1. Don't say anything to intentionally hurt another person.
2. No inappropriate language. ^.^
3. No spam comments please! (Me hates spam messages.)

Most importantly, have fun! -RockyTop2